Sunday, June 17, 2012

The weirdness of being stress free

It's exam time and if you know me, you must also know that during exam time I completely lose my mind. But this term, there is something wrong with me. I don't know if it's just that I don't have time to stress, or if my stress mechanisms are completely out of whack, but I seem to be incapable of feeling stressed out. In a way, that's good, since I can actually look at a question and think it through without my brain blowing up. On the other hand, it means that I'm not stressed out enough to go sit at my desk and study. Every time I try, I feel like "meh, just another exam. There's always a next time." WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?
Anyway, I entered some writing competition. In fact, it's one that I entered last year and you'll be able to notice just how strangely stress free I've become since then. Last year, I wrote my story two months in advance, got three teachers to check it and sat in front of my desk, worrying about the similes and the metaphors for days on end. This year, I wrote it one day before the due date, wrote precisely one draft, and even though I knew that my story was a load of crap, submitted it anyway!

Well, I've got maths exams and a biology assessment this week and hopefully they'll be alright. I'm pumped for Variety Night on Wednesday (a.k.a the day before the extension maths exam) and can't wait to see all the performances! I'm so happy that there are so many performers from our grade this year :D Hopefully it'll be a great night!

Now, I'm off to avoid studying for maths. Ciao!

- Zarin.

No comments:

Post a Comment