Sunday, June 19, 2011

Oh my.

Well, this blog is awfully dead, is it not? And yes, I am aware I sound like a British person.
So the day before yesterday (Saturday) I finally gave in my submission for the SMH Young Writer of the Year competition. I have to say, that's probably the most effort I've ever put into a short story. I wrote about four drafts, got it checked by three teachers, and made my friends read it as well. Um, if you haven't realise, I'm a person who worries a lot. After checking and rechecking my entry a few billion times, I finally clicked 'Submit'. And that's all. I've been trying to convince myself that's what's done is done but here's a confession - I have this pathetic fear of not being 'great'. I just want my writing to be recognised somehow. But today I came to terms with the fact that there are thousands of other people around NSW who probably entered, and there will only be one winner out of all of them. The rest of them, no matter how fabulous, will 'lose'. So I'm alright with it. Damn, I don't even know why I'm writing this anymore :)

- thelazydreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment