Friday, May 20, 2011

The Joy of Performing

A few days ago our school held a Variety Night, where the most talented of students performed for around 500 people. I was one of those performers, although, I'm definitely one of the most talented. I have extreme stage fright, so I was incredibly amazed when I went up on that stage and did not feel anything except a slightly quickened heartbeat. I just sang, and listened to the music around me, and everytime the crowd cheered for me and sang along with me, I felt amazing. I started off in the wrong key and very shakily, but once people started singing along and I got used to all the faces staring up at me, it was okay. Perhaps I didn't hit all the notes, my voice definitely was not the best, and will not be the best, but I'm so happy that I actually performed. The people who performed along side me were so laid back and literally took me by the shoulders and shook me, saying that it was going to be fine.  Like my friend said the other day, all the performances I give will build up my confidence until eventually I'm not phased by all those eyes boring into me. I don't care as much as before about making a fool of myself anymore. I've realised that I love that hyped up feeling, that adrenaline rush, when you walk off that stage to the cheers of all your friends. Thank you guys, for making me special.

Most of the other performers were incredible. I particularly loved the performances by two senior girls, who sang 'Grenade' by Bruno Mars' and 'One in a million' by Ne-Yo. One day, I hope I'll be able to sing on stage with as much confidence as them. They were beautiful. One of my best friends did a dance with a guy in our year and it was HAWT. They were not only awesome dancers, but also awesome actors.

So now I'm more focused on music as ever. Perhaps I'll never be able to be the musician I dream of being, but I'm going to have fun :D I can't wait till the next time I perform. Sorry guys, I guess you're going to have to block your ears :)

Also, a special mention to an awesome friend of mine - Richie. While we were waiting out in the quad, I was going crazy, and he managed to calm me down and kept telling me that I was going to do great. Haha, and he was also there with me for the first and hopefully last time I got blocked by security guards. Thanks RICHIE :D Thank you T, for teaching me that I need to relax and live in the moment. Thank you for letting me rant to you. And thank you Yvonne, Hyrum, Tim, and my brilliant friends who gave me enough courage to get on that stage.

-thelazydreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment