Saturday, April 16, 2011

Kumaaa's 16th!

Hello there everyone :) I'm in an extremely good mood right now! I just got back from one of my best friend's 16th birthday party, which she held at Rashay's. Since I'm so happy right now, I decided I better write about it while the memories are... fresh?

So we sat down to our appetiser (which Monica mistook for the main course) which was this dry pizza-ish thing. We all attempted to dig in to it with knives and forks, but ended up using our fingers like real curries :) Oh, Marija and Richie and Charis decided to be curry for a while too. Monica freaked me out by munching on this horrific looking baby octopus (I DESPISE SEAFOOD, except maybe prawns and certain fish) and  I made a fool of myself trying to eat pasta.

Us gaaals dashed to the bathroom to check our hair (well I watched people fix their hair) and at the last moment, KRISHNA CHARGED INTO THE GIRLS BATHROOM, AND YES THEIRE IS PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. Ah Krishna, you know, sometimes I worry about you.

We ran around Rashay's like 'hooligans', attracting attention because of our insanely loud laughter and chatter. Mostly laughter. Everyone looked absolutely gorgeous. Richie was all suited up :D and Charis wore a dress for the first time, I think, and she looked beautiful. We took sooo many photos its crazy. Everywhere I looked there were camera flashes. When I blink I still see outrageously bright lights.

Chantelle, the birthday girl, looked incredible. It was pretty funny watching her fail at blowing out candles. It's scary to think that one of our friends has already turned 16. Is 16 really such a significant age? For me, it is. To me anything under 15 seems really young and 16 signifies 'maturity', so to speak. Thank you, Chantelle, for such an incredible night. I have realised tonight that I really love this bunch of friends :) I hope you're granted with happiness for the rest of your life. Being the kind of wonderful person you are, you deserve it.

Enough of this mushiness.

Tonight was fun :) Can't wait for the next 16th party!

- thelazydreamer

No comments:

Post a Comment