Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Thank you, internet.

The internet, in my opinion, is such a great thing. Yes, the movies and the music and the games are great, but I'm talking about the massive creative outlet that it provides. If I'm correct, Justin Bieber became famous because of YouTube, right? Not that I'm too keen on using Justin Bieber as an example, but he demonstrates exactly what I'm talking about. Because of YouTube, ORDINARY people can be discovered by not only millions of people around the world, but also by producers and music companies. If that isn't amazing, I don't know what is. There are heaps of singers and musicians on YouTube that have gotten deals because of the fact that they've posted covers on the site.
Then there's DeviantArt, where ordinary people are posting extraordinary graphics and photographs and art that they've created. The talent on that site is absolutely crazy. 
The main thing I'm thankful for is writing websites, like Inkpop and Wattpad. Because of Wattpad mainly, sooo many people have read my work, more people than I thought was possible. People from England, Greece, Norway, America, India, Canada, New Zealand... they've read and commented on my work, and I swear, everytime I read those comments I can't wipe the smile from my face. I'm 15, and people all over the world are reading my stories and poetry and novels. IT'S SO AWESOME!
Even this blog that I'm writing on right now! To you bloggers out there, who knows? Maybe you could land a job as a journalist or a reporter in a top newspaper/magazine because of this blog that you're writing at this very moment.
I hate to sound like an adult, but it is true - the internet is overflowing with countless opportunities. Be thankful! And if there ever was a time for you to pursue your dreams, it's now.

- thelazydreamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment