Monday, April 4, 2011

This one's for you, burger.

After what seemed like a disappointingly loooong time, my friend Durga and I finally sat down to have a good conversation. It's funny really, we do Zumba together on Wednesday afternoons and we always manage to have this massive D&M session during those afternoons, kind of like in those chick flicks. Of course, I am the wise one and she is the one in desperate need of my wisdom, isn't that right Durga!?

So things have been going on in her life lately, as they do in all our lives, that have been making her question her worth as a person, as a dancer, and I was raging at her today because she doesn't realise just how amazing she is. If any one of you guys have seen her dance, you know what I am talking about: that girl has AMAZING skills (yes, I know, I've used that word many times already). And she is also a lovely person - she was the first person I met when I came to MFHS, she was my tour guide and to this day we are best friends :) So I just want to let you know Durga, please don't let the small things make you doubt yourself. Each and every person has their own special skill, and I KNOW that yours is dancing.

I guess things happen in life that you think will go a certain way - you have it all planned out perfectly, but when it all comes crashing down on you it's kind of hard to bear. And I guess you find yourself thinking, "Oh damn, oh no, why does this always happen to me?" Well, people, this is life. Life has its ups and downs, as I'm sure you all know. You have to learn to adapt to the world around you and just DEAL with the crazy crap that happens in life. Because this crazy stuff will never stop happening, unless you want to go be some hermit. I think this craziness is what makes life that much more amazing, and in the end, this craziness that makes you laugh and makes you cry at the same time will somehow lead you to something magical. Just seize the moments you are given in life, take that energy you have and give your all to create something out of this world awesome.

I don't know where I found this quote, but here it is : "Everything will be okay in the end, and if it's not okay, well then it's not the end."

Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment